- Scientific studies are now starting to implicate genetically modified foods to infertility
- Studies show conventionally grown food has lower nutrient value
- High fat and sugar diets lead to obesity, hypoglycemia and diabetes, heart disease, osteoporosis, digestive distress, among many other common lifestyle related illnesses (Plant-based diets prevent and reverse the same ailments.)
- There are about 5,000 deaths each year from food-borne illnesses like e-coli
- Someone else is controlling your food source! There’s a definite lack of information about what’s actually in the food. Corporations do not often trace back to producers from places like China and it’s nearly impossible for consumers to get this information about all the ingredients in food items.
What’s the cost of getting a serious illness? Besides the financial cost, the emotional cost seems quite high.
Studies have shown that fruits and vegetables are more satiating–they make you feel fuller than junk food even though they have fewer calories.
- Pesticides poison farm workers, the water system, and those who eat the foods
- Eroding soil
- Lost marine life due to soil run-off
- Loss of plant diversity from use of genetically modified seeds and produce
- Risk of extinction to many marine species from overfishing
- Use of machines to plant, harvest, refrigerate, and transport food uses fossil fuels that pollute the environment.
- Small farmers going out of business
- Resources are diverted to purchasing stimulants, depressants, sleeping pills, pain killers, and various other medications to alleviate symptoms
- Use of machines to plant, harvest, refrigerate, and transport food uses expensive fossil fuels