My goals are to:
• build community by providing a forum for people to meet, share, and exchange information and ideas as equal human beings through healthy discussions.
• cook healthy food of the best possible quality available with positive energy. Organic ingredients (such as grains, beans, and leafy greens) are my priority, and I purchase traditionally handcrafted/harvested products (like sea vegetables, miso, amazake, shoyu, and umeboshi vinegar). I enter the kitchen with joy and happiness that I can share what I have learned with others, and to express myself through the meditative art of cooking.
• nourish people in body, mind, and spirit. I believe that we care for our bodies when we eat good food, showing self-respect and self-love, which increases our quality of life.
• stand by the environment by using local and seasonal ingredients whenever possible, thereby reducing the amount of petroleum needed to ship items here. Buying locally and seasonally also supports the local economy.
• provide a fair and living wage for the markets and companies I purchase from, for the farmers, and for myself, based on the quality of food I prepare for my customers.
Thank you for allowing me to share with you!