One of my favorite things to do at the end of the year is to review my accomplishments. It’s important to validate one’s progress and also set new goals.
For me, 2013 brought gifts and challenges, and overall was very experimental, as I had lost my regular space for cooking classes and sought other options. This opened the door for new offerings. A few of the wonderful things looking back at 2013 have been:
- 3 pop-ups at TASTE in Kaka’ako (Detox, Vegan Ramen, and Cinco de Mayo)
- A mention in Modern Luxury, Hawai’i
- Writing an article for Edible Hawaiian Islands (which comes out 1/2014)
- Giving a talk for The Vegetarian Society of Hawai’i (Compassionate Activism) on O’ahu and Maui
- New cooking classes (Thanks SH for providing your home for several of them!)
- Partnering with the University of Oregon Alumni Association, Hawai’i Chapter for a fabulous food and wine event at CookSpace
- Acquiring some simply amazing new customers
- Expanding my coaching
- Cooking for someone who makes a big difference for a lot of people in our world (maybe some day I can say who that was!)
- Perhaps most important of all, making new friends and having a lot more fun than in previous years.
Thank you so much for being a part of this community!
Happy holidays and see you in 2014.